DC: Portfolio: Development: pt3

I tried to look over my content and decided that the menu might look better to the left, and as a verticle drop down, as the horrizontal version would become too distracting for the user to see the work, and also, if I were to allow the menu to become a fixed, positioned menu on the page, then it can move down the page as the user scrolls through. It can allow them to avoid having to scroll back up to the top of the page, if they ever want to check out the contents of other pages.

Admitingly, creating a menu from Dreamweaver was such a pain in the butt; I don’t usually say this, but this took about 45 minutes to do, because for some reason, a code would work on one document, but not on the other and I had to keep checking back and forth why this kept occuring.

I did go and check out websites, which allow you to generate a drop down menu, however, they charge money for downloading the CSS code.

I did check out a helpful source:

https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/w3css_dropdowns.asp#

When creating a drop down menu, you have to be so specific on which kind of menu you’re looking for. It’s not just a drop down menu, but there are many variations of that menu in particular. I started looking in to how a Accordions menu worked.

https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/w3css_accordions.asp

What I found interesting in particular, was how smoothly this one operated.

 

Advertisements

DC: Portfolio outcomes

Social

Updating all of my social media with a new brand, and the photographs, I tried to connect all of them back to my digital and physical with the choice of content.

My website

https://shaihsedeno.000webhostapp.com

Super happy and pleased I was able to code it all on time; every aspect was a difficult choice, yet in the end it came in handy. I chose to code because it’s relaxing and it always feels like there’s a new problem to solve, but I’m also quite ecstatic that i was able to show the work I wanted to. It makes the work look presentable and clean.

After some difficulties with the folder idea, I went to plan 2 and pulled together a make shift book, where it can open up and be edited at any time. I felt that this was a more effective approach and it also was able to connect all of the links together nicely.

 

DC: Development: Physical portfolio

So, from the presentation, it was actually quite a handy piece of feedback I received. I tend to have the habbit of doing too much or presenting a whole bunch of things, but I think now I’m quite satisfied I’ve got quite a variation of ideas that I want to extend on.  I didn’t get to post my brief ideas before, but I will post some information I’ve been gathering to extend on this.

These were some examples of the photo developments i started to do, before moving on to making changes to the website.

I intended to have everything photographed on coloured paper, to help bring out hte lines of the work.

Portfolio: Development and ideas

Following the research and my rough ideas, that I had wanted to try out, I wanted to first, present the presentation I have set up for the coming Thursday.

My intentions is to display the work with the following: Packaged, organised, clear.

My intention is to have everything packed in to a folder, and presented through photographs.

 

DC: Development: Website

After successfully getting my website up, after designing and coding the layout in Dreamweaver; I ran in to some complications, where I just couldn’t be satisfied with the design. So, looking over some of the original ideas I had, I decided to re-code it from scratch. Yes, I know. It probably was a silly idea, but it didn’t take too long. It was just a case of dragging and dropping div tags in to a layout and setting out the CSS for each tag, until I received something a bit tidier.

The previous layout didn’t exactly work, as there were a lot of inconsistencies with the functions, such as the menu. I was going to apply an accordian drop down to the side, to allow the mass of links to be tightly hidden away, to avoid over crowding of the navigation, however, when it came to putting it in, I’m not sure, if it was wordpress that didn’t like that code, or I just didn’t have the correct code placed, even when following W3School’s advice, it still didn’t seem to work.

It was aggitating, so with in 45 minutes, I got a new layout up and I actually do prefer how this one works. It does have two menus, but it gives the viewer an option to play around with both. It allows them the option of avoiding having to scroll back up to the top of the screen, if they ever want to click on another link. It’s also set aside and out of view from the images on the page, as well.

DC: Portfolio: Digital portfolio development

Right, to start off the day, I’ve finally coded the layout and I’m getting the content in today. I’m actually pretty pleased that I’ve been able to stick to a layout that’s simple, and has a theme for once. I now, will need to start thinking about how I layout my project work and how it’s going to be presented.

My original idea was going to have the images laid out neatly in a grid system, where everything is organised.
So, I’m going to play around with that now to see where that will get me.

The website can be viewed here: https://shaihsedeno.000webhostapp.com