G+T: MM: Experimenting (4)

Last post of today, following on from the Photogram workshop, I wanted to see what it would look like, or at least editing a few of the previous images to see what they may look like, either overlayed further or even if I were to consider adding some colour to it.

I played around with colour quite a bit in my previous project, and if I were to think of the subject for the fruit bowls (Decay) and then take in to consideration of fruit, as well. When putting the two together, in terms of colour, their quite the opposite of each other. Then again, decay can be seen as something beautiful, graceful and delicate to another person, so I wanted to be very careful in how i approach this with the colours.

I thought I would start off by experimenting with contrasting colours. So, starting off with two colours, to limit the pallet, I started to test the negative images by overlaying them. When observing them closely, I noted that there were some formations that started to appear, while continuing this method again, but for example,

bih

Due to how the bowls have overlapped, they’ve started to create a new image. In my opinion, the image above’s starting to remind me of oranges, which directly connects back to the influential approach of the bowls. Although, looking at how the bowl has been cropped off multiple times, it’s starting to look like there are many bowls that’ve been sprawled across the canvas.

Advertisements

G+T: Pitching my three routes

Took me a while to think about how i was going to approach this, but I think that the Photography workshop really helped me to think about this further.

After some research and playing around with drawings, photographs and even the technique of overlaying had influenced me to narrow my routes in to methods.

Fruit bowls concept/routes pitch:

Continue reading

G+T: M+M: Photograph editing (1)

Firstly, sorry for the delay on this. I’m going to make sure, I do these posts routinely in future.

Coming up with some quick ideas, I decided that maybe Photoshop would be the best place to start playing around with the first few ideas, that I may have. At first, I wasn’t too big on the idea of doing that, but heck, I thought I might as well just try it and see where it goes.

It also helped me to think of how I was going to tackle how I could lay the images for the acetate prints.

I started to reflect on some previous experimentation, I had applied to my previous projects and I did keep in mind about the colour schemes. As my client was quite fond with the colour green and lilac, I tried to involve that with the image overlays. What I particularly enjoyed about these first sets of tests, was how crisp the texture of the clay came out in the photographs, and it let me recall back to the texture of the mold on decaying fruit.

Following on from this, I tried to think about how I could overlay the same image again, but in a different way. While, this part was quite straightforward, I simply couldn’t stick with a few of the ones I had tried.

From these, I wanted to see if I could try a more solid approach with the visualisations for the bowl. I was pretty intrigued by how well the shadows on the curvatures came out, and when you observe them in the imagery, they form a new set of shapes and marks.

Through this approach, I tried to overlay the same image again, but from these, I felt that this isn’t showing how fascinating these remarkable bowls are. They weren’t able to grasp the texture, or the details featured.

So, what I may have to consider, when it comes to experimenting with the photographs again, is probably thinking about how I can show the materials quality; the marks created in the material, that helps to put emphasis on the topic of decay.