Following on from my story board, I thought about the possibility of animating it at home by using a Phone app called ‘Stop motion capture’.
At the start, it appeared to be quite a useful and a nice, quick and free thing to take advantage of during the spare time I had. I began to animate the cut outs I had made for my animation, which are the circle, wheel, pizza and the eye. I tested it at first, but thinking about the test out come, I wasn’t too pleased with it. The images were too small, there were changes in the light source, which showed the shadows and also, the camera kept moving out of place from time to time.
I knew I had to change this, but I didn’t know how. There were other reasons why this test animation wasn’t successful as well. Luckily, I was able to show my story board idea to Keiron; with another persons perspective, I was able to see their opinion of the idea and whether it will work or not.
He suggested to take the idea of the circle/round objects further and to find, print out and then draw more objects so the viewer, or who ever will look at it can understand the gist of the footage. This was my original intention, and yet, I thought the idea was a little too complicated and that there wasn’t a lot of time to draw all of these objects out on to paper; cut them out and then animate them via Stop frame. Taking this in to mind, I tried my same method again with the phone camera. The images kept falling down every time I pinned them up to the wall and AGAIN, the camera kept shaking, due to my wobbly, old desk. It wasn’t a very good set up for stop animation.
Taking a break. I went off to think of another way of how I could capture the images, as I sat down and saw my father scan in some documents in to the scanner– that’s when I had the idea of scanning the images and the movements in, one by one. Not only did this process help make the progression go faster, but it also helped me with thinking about how I’m going to present each transition between the objects and how I can make it appear to be more creative.
The CD and eye transitions were done on Adobe after effects, soon after I started to get frustrated with Sony Vegas crashing every time I wanted to change or add a key effect/movement. So, I decided to go with the other alternative, which is After effects.