BROAD: LETTERPRESS WORKSHOP

After a long morning, I was finally ready to try out some ideas I had in my head for the main project for BROAD. (more…)

Advertisements

BROAD: Monoprinting workshop

Splitting up in to scheduled groups, we had our first workshop of this term– Monoprint!

I was pretty happy to be doing this workshop again, I was planning on trying out this method of print for my FMP, so it gave me a good opportunity to start thinking about what methods I could try out for that and see how I could tie my FMP in with this project.

With the first few tests, I decided that my first attempts would be drawing out a hand shape in different ways to grasp which one would be more interesting, in terms of depth and texture.

While I adored how bold the lines appear to be with the fingers, and the hand over all, I felt like I could of tried drawing a few more of these. I did however, enjoy the many textures that were obtained from the ink. (more…)

G+T: CORE: Photography workshop

I haven’t done Photography or even thought about presentation for this subject in particular in a while, but it was so fun and intriguing to work together with someone new on this project!

I was pretty hyped to see how it would turn out, and I can say that I’m looking very forward to seeing how I take this project further in terms with the concepts. It’s an area, which I know I need to work on, so I hope to learn, grow and cherish the new things I’ll pick up on.

So, after having a lovely chat with my client, I got to learn just a little more about the department and the objects, and how long it took for the object to be made, plus all of the tests made in order for it to be created.

Image 5.png

 photo DSCF4404_zps2dxz0ruf.jpg

What I enjoyed most about this particular workshop, was that I was able to see the many possible positions and angles I could see the bowls in. It also allowed me to start thinking about how these objects could tell a story of what they’re for and what they’re about. I think, the next step from here, is to probably for me to start coming up with some ways in how I can think about my clients details and their input, and how I can translate it through the photographs or edits.

G+T: CORE WORKSHOP: Visual research

Last post of the day, but this dates back to the Visual research workshop I had attended and banding together an awesome team, I teamed up with Sunny, Ella and Katya in finding our pieces to group our visual research proposal/presentation together.

It kind of was a smooth, fun workshop to participate in, as there’s things that you discover along the way, that I hadn’t paid much heed to before. There would be instances, where we would pass a location, which we had gone to in the past, but there would be very subtle changes about them.

However, as we focused on the Spitalfields market area, I tried to log as many buildings and people as I can, by quickly drawing them and making notes of any key traits that caught my eye.

As to reflect on this workshop, it opened up my view on how I could approach a research task without having to visit a museum, or look at a book or even search on the internet for the sources.

G+T: COREWORKSHOP: Publication planning

I’m not the biggest fan of Indesign, but it sure does come in handy, when you need to mock up larger pieces of text or even images. I found this work shop to be pretty handy, when it came to looking at page layout for books or any publications.

Personally, when I try to consider creating my own book or setting up a document that needs to be published, I have never taken much consideration in to where the content goes or how the pages may look as an overview spread.

screen-shot-2017-11-17-at-4-07-31-pm-e1510934890706.png
Over all page document layout on InDesign by Shaih Sedeno. 

So, it goes to show, that this was for sure, an experience that I will keep in mind for beneficial use in the future.

 

 

G+T: Walk the line: Screen printing workshop

Today, was quite a productive lesson, as we were given a tutorial on how we can print or draw out our images directly to the screens.

Following straight through with the basics, I decided that I would try out this new method by playing around with one of the drawings I started to collage from the morning session. I didn’t really know what to expect at first, but I wanted to obtain an outcome that wasn’t solid in it’s look, as it would appear to be similar to all of the other outcomes with in my development.

So, painting in the parts that I intended to be negative, I tried to use the brush carefully.

Building up the image for the illustration for the word ‘Company’, I attempted the same rough movements through out.

The outcomes, were pretty much what I was hoping for, but I think that I could come back to these in future and attempt to work on how to make my word clearer, as they all appear to be abstract.